Wednesday, December 19, 2007

wardrobe stuffs...


So… The hunt for the cheapest clothes in Seattle has begun! I’ve been rummaging through Mike’s closet, the closets of my friends, thrift stores and flea markets across the Puget Sound, searching feverishly for the right clothes to fit our ever-so-tight budget and our ever-so-talented cast… It’s fun… but I can’t say I had any clue what I was getting myself into when I agreed to do wardrobe for Mike… he’s super picky!

We’ll be shooting this film in less than three weeks and I still have to find just the right jacket for Joe and the precise red 80’s ski sweater I have in mind for Tipper… So far, so good though, I pretty much have Justin all squared away and found some great shirts for Joe too… One of them features the fabulous state of Illinois, which is pretty rad, considering it’s Joe and Tipper’s home state…

I’ve dragged our lovely makeup artist Brad with me a couple times, and I tricked Mike to come with me once too… Mostly, I’m scouring dollar bins all by myself, getting funny looks from other bargain hunters because I’m taking pictures and talking on the phone about how that coat will look with a black hoodie underneath… I’m filling up Mike’s text-message inbox with hoards of pictures of yellow poly-cotton blend shirts and thin red shirts with meese on them and fuzzy-necked jackets that I like but are too small or too big and all that jazz…

My next assignment is to dirty-up 2 identical pair of generic converse-looking things so that Justin can stumble into the river, but have a dry shoe to put on in the next scene… I’d consider quitting my day job for this gig if it would pay the bills!

Oh! And I had a dream that we were shooting the movie, but I was so busy fussing about wardrobe and what everyone was wearing that I completely forgot that I was script girl too… But we won’t let that happen!

No comments: