Friday, June 21, 2013

Progress Or Not, Here I Post!

I'm keeping busy with a couple cool side projects.  The one that'll most likely hit first is a comic that I plan to release free online.  It's a short, self-contained story that's been bumping around my head for a couple years and since I haven't done any comic stuff since college, I thought it would be a good trial run before possibly moving on to something more ambitious...

Here's a sneak peek:


In Lauren Is Missing news...

We've got Andrew Toms working on some artwork for discs and posters.  I know he'll come up with something awesome, so that's something to look forward to.

Other than that, I'm sad to say the painful march of rejections continue.  The good news is we're persistent little fuckers and we're finally starting to come up on the festivals that have, historically, been supportive of my work.  So I do hope for a break in the stagnation these next few months.

Nothing is more frustrating than having this movie that I can't show off to people.

I seem to have found a filmmaking method based on self-hatred and masochism, and after going through this five times, I'm finally starting to realize there are better ways to express myself.

More thoughts on that to follow - once I get my head around it.  I promise to (try to) avoid the cliche of whining, frustrated filmmaker.  I think I have some actually helpful thoughts and ideas on filmmaking and festivals that may benefit someone wishing to express themselves in this rad little medium.

Alright!  More shit soon...

...ish.

No comments: