Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Progress Report...

My computer just spat out the latest version of MRR. Over the last few weeks I've been working on the audio mix, taking what Jason did for a previous version of the film and making changes for the new cut and a few other things here and there. It's been an interesting change from editing, but I'm glad to be done with it. It sounds good on the computer speakers, but I still haven't plugged it into a TV yet, so there's still that trial to face.

Also, while going through the audio I made a few more changes to the picture mostly based on some notes I got from our very own Tom, Joe Swanberg. Nothing too crazy, just a few more cuts that might improve the flow. Actually, now that I think of it, they are hefty little chunks of scenes, but I don't think anyone will miss them - which, you know, is why I cut 'em! Again, I need to watch it through all the way, but I think this is it! And just in time! I'm so ready to move on to festival submissions and planning the next film!

Speaking of festivals, we're waiting with white knuckle anticipation for the results from SXSW. So far we haven't gotten our rejection, which is supposed to be a good thing. Cross your fingers and knock on wood.

After collecting rejections from so many festivals for my shorts, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. And while I like to think I'm handling it pretty well, not letting my expectations get too high, I've got to admit... I'm really nervous! One way or another we should know by Feb 2nd.

No comments: