Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oxford Film Festival!


Great news! MRR was just accepted to The Oxford Film Festival in Oxford, Mississippi! Not sure about the day or time yet, but you can learn more about the festival (which runs Feb 4th-7th) HERE.

This is especially significant as Memphis was the last screening I expected for MRR. Melanie Addington, Co-Director and Programmer for OFF, was kind enough to complement the movie after its screening which, along with the kind words of other filmmakers, spurred me to continue submitting to a few more festivals. When I got home I realized that I’d missed the deadline for OFF, and after initially deciding to let it go I ultimately got in touch with Melanie, who urged me to submit and even waived the submission fee.

Thanks again Melanie!

No comments: