Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update 9/17/08


I've spent the last couple weeks helping my parents pack and prep for their move to Texas. On Monday the moving truck showed up and we did the last of the packing and yesterday (Tuesday) they were off. It's a bit of shock to be back to "normal."

Of course that means getting back to business on the film. Specifically, it's time to go through and disconnect all the Mini-DV footage that I've been editing and reconnect a new DigiBeta Transfer of the film. Since it's an imperfect process I need to go through and check the synch of every scene in the film. Actually, it's less that I need to check synch as much as I have to flat out re-synch everything. Fun. That's probably why it wasn't very hard to put off.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel - we should be finishing the film around November or December.

It's worth pointing out that a lot of the extra work I'm doing now is because I left a lot of our post production questions unanswered going into production. With the constant changes in the post production world it's an easy thing to do, especially when you're aiming at just getting the thing in the can. But you'll save yourself a lot of extra work and money if you figure this stuff out before you start shooting (although I will say that I lucked out somehow and managed to avoid much overspending). As promised I'll try to write more about our specific workflow in a future post.

Until then, wish me luck!

No comments: